This battery operated controller with ¾” inlet and outlet with female pipe thread should be installed a minimum of 6” above the highest sprinkler onto a 3/4” PVC male pipe thread fitting or riser as part of your drip irrigation or sprinkler system valve manifold, or as a stand-alone unit. Make sure that the flow direction arrow engraved on the side of the controller is pointed away from the water source.
Recommendations: Wrap all fittings with TEFLON tape. Do not use pipe cement (solvent) or pipe dope on the valve as it will damage the valve thread and void the warranty. Do not over tighten.
Programing: To program the controller use the six programming buttons with the four upper buttons used for programming, the button on the lower left used for manual on/off and the button on the lower right used for rain off or to stop irrigation when it is raining
This battery operated controller requires one 9 volt battery (alkaline battery recommended)
1. To install the battery, lift the blue controller from the skirt or sleeve it sits in and use a firm pressure to lift the battery compartment cover in the back of the unit.
2. Insert a new 9 volt battery and lock down the battery in place. The polarity is marked for direction.
3. Replace battery compartment cover in its proper place, ensuring a triangle is formed on the underside of the controller.
4. Insert the controller back into its skirt or sleeve.
Installation into a PVC pipe or to pipe thread
- If installation is into a PVC pipe, first shut off the main water supply.
- We recommend installing a 3/4” ball valve or gate valve before the battery operated controller. This ball valve can be very useful as an emergency backup to turn the system off. This type of arrangement is used by professional installers.
- Turn the water supply on to flush the line and then shut the water supply off using the new ball or gate valve.
- Install the controller a minimum of 6” above ground, wrapping TEFLON tape on all the male thread fittings used.
- Turn the water supply on again to pressurize the system. The controller will open momentarily and then will shut off.
- Test the controller using the manual on/off button located on the lower right side. Press the button. A click will be heard, indicating that the valve is open, and the controller will turn on. A Manual Run icon will appear on the lower side of the screen. Make sure that the sprinklers or drip systems are working correctly. Press the button again and the controller will turn off.
- Program the unit.
- If the unit is installed with a drip irrigation system, make sure to install a filter with 150 mesh screen or higher to protect the drip system, then add a 15, 25 or 30 PSI pressure regulator to lower the pressure, following with a swivel adapter to the drip tubing or ¾” PVC threaded x slip adapter to the PVC line.
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Please let us know if these instructions were helpful to you by liking it or providing feedback below.