This hose end timer has a 3/4” swivel female hose inlet with 60-mesh screen and an outlet with male hose thread so it can be attached into a garden hose or faucet/spigot. Our suggestion is to install the hose end timer above ground to any hose thread connection.
The 9001D battery operated digital hose end timer uses six programming buttons. The left button is used only for a rain off or system shutoff, the button on the right is used for manual on/off, and the four buttons in the center are used to program the unit.
This hose end timer requires one 9-volt battery (alkaline battery recommended).
1. To install the battery, use a firm pressure to lift the battery compartment cover in the back of the unit.
2. Insert a new 9-volt battery and lock down the battery in place. The polarity is marked for direction.
3. Replace battery compartment cover in its proper place, ensuring a triangle is formed on the underside of the timer.
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Installation into a faucet
- Connect the swivel female hose thread of the timer into the faucet by turning the timer swivel clockwise until it is hand tight.
- If the timer is installed with a drip irrigation system, make sure to add a 15, 25 or 30 PSI pressure regulator to lower the pressure to the drip system, then install a 150 mesh screen filter or higher to protect the drip system, following with a swivel adapter to the drip tubing.
- After the timer has been programmed, turn the faucet on and test the timer by pressing the Manual button once to see the timer open and once again to see it close. No other steps are needed.
Please let us know if these instructions were helpful to you by liking it or providing feedback below.