The 2006i battery operated irrigation controller with 3/4" actuator is factory pre-assembled to convert a 3/4" Champion and Orbit manual brass anti-siphon valve to automatic operation. In the package you will also find a one 1" adapter and washer to fit 1" Champion and Orbit manual brass valves, 3/4" and 1" Rain Bird manual plastic valves, or 3/4" and 1" Orbit plastic valves.
NOTE: Please select proper adaptor.
Programming: To program the controller use the six programming buttons with the four upper buttons used for programming, the button on the lower left used for manual on/off and the button on the lower right used for rain off, or to stop irrigation when it is raining
This battery operated controller requires one 9-volt battery (alkaline battery recommended).
To install the battery, lift the blue controller from the skirt or sleeve it sits in and use a firm pressure to lift the battery compartment cover in the back of the unit.
Insert a new 9-volt battery and lock down the battery in place. The polarity is marked for direction. Replace the battery compartment cover in its proper place, ensuring a triangle is formed on the underside of the controller. Insert the controller back into its skirt or sleeve. Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Installation into a PVC pipe or to pipe thread
- Shut off the water supply.
- Remove the manual stem from the existing valve. If you are converting an anti-siphon valve, temporarily remove the anti-siphon cap (you will install the actuator and the cap together).
- Replace any existing worn washers with the new ones provided.
- Install the controller with the actuator into the manual valve and at the same time install back the anti-siphon cap, using a wrench. Tighten firmly, but do not over tighten.
- Rotate the flow control clockwise until completely closed.
- Turn on the main water supply.
- Press the manual on/off button to test the controller. A click will be heard indicating the valve is open (a manual operation icon will appear on the lower side of the screen). At this time water cannot flow as the flow control is turned off.
- Now, rotate the flow control counter clockwise, one turn at the time until the valve is operational and all sprinklers/sprayers are working evenly and to your satisfaction.
- Press the manual on/off button again to turn the controller off. A click will be heard indicating the valve is now closed and water flow will stop (The manual icon will disappear and the valve will close).
- Program the unit.
NOTE: If water continues to flow, turn the flow control slowly clockwise 1/4 turn at the time. Repeat steps 5-9 if necessary.
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Please let us know if these instructions were helpful to you by liking it or providing feedback below.